In this time where all the people prefer home base work, a comfortable ergonomic chair is all you want. Whether you prefer to work in an office or at home in your personal space, the best companion is your chair that either keeps you relaxed or makes you tired.
So a chair is very important for an office person because that supports your posture to protect your shoulders and lower back from harm. The true ergonomic chair is designed to provide extreme comfort during long hours of work sitting in front of a desk.
People who tend to work from 9 to 5 are well-known for the severe pain in their shoulders, arms, and especially lower back due to the cheap hard chairs. Why are you compromising your health by placing it in danger? Yes, it is not wrong to say that sitting on a bad chair for extended hours ruins your health and posture as well.
Best Office Chairs under $50 – Quick Rankings
|Affordable & Powerful
|Budget office chair
|Cheap but Powerful
Most people don’t buy ergonomic chairs because their mindset is that such chairs come with hefty price tags. For such people who can’t afford high-price office chairs, we have come up with a list of the best budget office chairs for them.
This list will sort out your problem of getting a wallet-friendly ergonomic chair. We have provided you with a collection of the 7 best office chairs under $50. Check out the list below!
Top 7 Best Office Chairs Under $50
1. Furmax Mid Back Desk Office Chair
It is one of the best budget ergonomic chairs for office use. It is specially designed to provide maximum support to your tired body. This chair is presented to all those who are merely in search of getting an ergonomic chair for their office use.
If we relate the title of this article to this product review, then there is a little unbalancing factor you will notice. This chair is not under the budget of 50$, but this chair is more than your expectations.
It charges a few dollars extra, but its price will not affect your comfort. After all, it gives more support than other chairs three to four times its cost.
It is a mid-back chair that is perfect for office use as it has excellent ergonomic and lumbar support, which sets it apart from many budget office chairs. The mesh back connects with the plastic lumbar support work incredibly for this chair.
Four different colors are available in this chair so that people can get their favorite color chair without spending a lot. By utilizing this chair, I bet you will see a significant change in your posture as this chair helps in improving your posture.
- Ergonomic lumbar support: The unique style of lumbar support is elastically designed. This actually provides the user with real lumbar support to feel relaxed and energetic throughout the day.
- Flip-up armrests: Featuring the armrests equipped with a soft sponge pad to provide your arms with the utmost comfort. Also, these are flip-up armrests that are designed to fit under the study table easily.
- Swivel rotation: The high-quality wheels are engineered to offer a silent and smooth-rolling facility with 360-degree swivel rotation. It leaves no scratch on the floor.
- Supportive seat and back: The mid-back is mesh upholstered, whereas the seat is packed with a thick sponge. Both the seat and back are highly supportive during the extended hours of working in the office.
It is a feature-packed chair that comes with a lot of functionalities. It is the best chair for people who work for long hours in an office.
2. BestOffice Ergonomic Office Chair
The beautiful sleek design is best suitable for the office. It comes with multiple features that are extremely valuable for the persons whose job is from 9 to 5. It has a professional furniture design that gives a fashionable appearance to this chair.
It is a solid chair for the price, and it is available in a variety of mesmerizing colors. From different funky colors, you are free to pick your favorite and most attractive one for yourself. But the black color always gives a professional look.
It is built to last and gives maximum comfort to the users. It has a mesh back with the added bonus of lumbar support. Featuring a height adjustment mechanism along with a locking mechanism to keep the back of the user in the upright position.
Moreover, it is a versatile chair that can be used for different purposes, but it will serve you with the same comfort in all situations. Whether you use it in front of your office desk or you place it in front of your PC for gaming purposes, it will give you the utmost solace.
- S-type design: Its stereoscopic ergonomic design gives you the best sitting experience. It is designed to effectively withstand the pressure of the cervical vertebra. It is actually intended with human-oriented ergonomic construction to adopt the body shape of the human.
- Ventilated back: The back of this chair is made with breathable mesh. This mesh is durable and is designed to provide proper ventilation. It keeps the user cool and fresh all day.
- Tension control mechanism: Accompanies an explosion-proof tray that has a handle wheel integrated with it. With this handle, you can adjust the sitting position and height of the chair with complete safety.
- Heavy-duty base: It is equipped with a heavy-duty base made out of metal material that ensures excellent stability and mobility. It can take a weight of up to 250 lbs. This chair has passed the SGS and BIFMA standards.
This chair has passed the SGS and BIFMA standards so this chair has the ability to give you comfort and is able to reduce your fatigue.
3. Smugdesk Mid-Back Breathable Office Chair
Present to all the ergonomic chair fans with this high-performance mid-back chair that is engineered by Smugdesk. It is an office chair that is utilized during hours of extreme need during work. Outfitted with premium quality material to confirm its durability.
The sturdy structure of this ergonomic chair provides you with supreme support during working hours. It is an ideal chair for those people who used to spend multiple hours daily in the office, in front of the PC, sitting in the same position.
This chair from the Smugdesk is built in such a manner that it can reduce the stress and fatigue of people who work in the office for a long time and improve the quality of their work efficiency.
Moreover, this chair includes multiple adjustment mechanisms like it allows you to adjust the height, as well as the backrest, which is also adjustable. Furthermore, it has a 360-degree swivel rotation, a breathable seat, and 5-star caster wheels.
- Adjustable Headrest: This chair comes with intuitive controls that allow you to change the settings of the chair to your personal preferences and get the utmost comfort. You are entitled to modify the height by using a tilt mechanism.
- Ergonomic armrests: The armrests are styled to facilitate the common seated position of the user. It aligns with your body position helping aid comfort while your wrists are in a pronated position.
- Lumbar support: Mesh material is used to make the mid-back of this chair that molds to your lower back. There is a waist pillow that helps to promote better spinal alignment.
- High-performance: Its mid-back style provides the most gigantic support for your waist, shoulders, and spine. The thick padding in the seat with mesh cover will help you in reducing thigh fatigue.
This chair will help you in improving your posture as it has an ergonomic design that supports the cervical spine in the best way. It better your sitting position and protect your lumbar spine.
4. BestOffice Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair
It is another chair from the BestOffice brand in this listing. This chair is specially designed for all those people who want to get an ergonomic office chair without arms.
It is right to say that the chairs without arms are more likely compact and space-saving chairs than other chairs with armrests.
This chair is a masterpiece that comes in a unique style. Considering it, one of the best office chairs under $50 could not be wrong. From its mesh back to its sturdy base, it is upholstered with quality material.
It provides you with super-comfort as it is designed with human-oriented ergonomic construction that will fit according to the body of the user. Quality material is used so that it will last for years and serve you for so long. It will be the best companion for you in your needy hours.
An ergonomically designed mid-back chair comes with a mesh back, thickly cushioned seat, 360-degree swivel rotation, smooth-rolling casters, and a height adjustment knob. In short, it is a complete package of multiple features.
- Breathable mesh: The durable mesh material makes up the whole back of this chair. This mesh material makes the ventilation perfect by allowing the air to escape from the small holes. It will keep you cool and fresh all day long.
- Padded seat: The thick sponge packed inside the seat provide optimal comfort and helps in reducing the stress on the thighs and hips.
- 5-star wheels: Features the 5-star caster wheels embedded to provide 360-degree swivel rotation. These smooth-rolling casters deliver quiet rolling and flexible operation.
- 120ml gas lift: It comes with a gas lift that offers you to change the height of the chair by lifting it up and down. It is an explosion-proof mechanism that brings you convenience.
Although it is best under the budget of 50$, it lacks the reclining function. But overall, it is perfect for office use as it has an ergonomic design that will fit your back perfectly.
5. NEO Desk Office Chair
This chair is from the Neo Chair company and has the most attractive design. This modern-style ergonomic office chair is wrapped in many quality features that will enable you to take supreme comfort during working hours.
This chair is not specifically built to meet the needs of the office work chair, but it is also best for gaming purposes. Its quality built frame is able to withstand heavy-duty tasks more efficiently. It offers you an excellent comfort zone during your gaming session.
Its mid-back is not made out of those cheap plastic materials that may produce sweat on your back. It is a stain-resistant and skin-friendly 3D air mesh task chair that helps to escape the air from its mesh material and keep your back cool and fresh.
Class-3 gas lift is used to enhance the level of its quality. Its gas lift has successfully passed the furniture standards of BIFMA and SGS. It permits you to change the height of this chair to your personal preference and needs.
- Metal base: Its heavy-duty base is constructed from metal material that is able to hold a weight limit of 250 lbs at once. This feature makes it a strong and sturdy chair that can easily hold high-weight people.
- Resilient padded seat: The seat of this chair is highly supportive and comfy due to its sophisticated velvet-like fabric. This velvet-like fabric is filled with resilient padded thick cushions that are breathable and soft.
- Adjustability: This chair offers two adjustability modes that are tilting and locking. From the working mode to the resting position, it provides two ways to adjust the tilting mechanism from 90 degrees to 130 degrees. Also, you can change the height from 36.5” to 40.5.”
- Dual caster wheels: For increasing stability, it features dual caster wheels. These wheels have sturdy and resistant construction that smoothly rolls on the carpets and floor perfectly.
Upholstered with quality material. The best part is that it has a metal base that has dual caster wheels, and holds up the weight of up to 250 lbs.
6. BestOffice Home Office Ergonomic Chair
A perfectly curved human-oriented office chair comes with the most flexible design to enhance the working level. It is another chair by the BestOffice company that helps to reduce your fatigue during your working hours and improve your posture as well.
Lumbar support is always the priority feature in any chair. This chair also comes with this added bonus of back support. Although it doesn’t have a cushion for the back support, it accompanies plastic material to support your cervical spine.
Its ergonomic design has a curved mid-back joined with the lumbar support helps to give comfort and minimizes stress chances. Its high breathable mesh back allows the air to circulate from the holes and makes you feel comfortable and sweat-free.
The human body engineering design of this chair has a stable and heavy-duty base that can hold a weight capacity of 250 lbs. It evenly delivers the weight all over the chair to perform marvelously.
- Commercial gas lift: It is essential in any height adjustment chair because the chair adjustment feature depends on this tool. This chair features a commercial gas lift that enables you to do fast up and down with convenience.
- Easy to use knob: Just at one hand far, all the control knobs and handles are present. You can personally adjust the height to match your needs. Also, you are able to pull out the control handle that allows you to tilt the seat forward and back.
- Stable base: Integrated metal base helps to provide great stability and mobility. It is the feature on which the whole chair is based. The chair can bear the weight limit of 250 lbs, and the base has 2500 lbs.
- Space saver: No chair can beat the level of a space-saving office chair that is rich in providing a reliable comfort zone without taking much of your room space.
Overall, the design is modern and creative. It has an ergonomic backrest that helps to provide comfort to your back and cervical spine.
7. YAHEETECH Ergonomic Office Chair
Whether you work from home or the office, this chair has a perfect mid-back to support you during long hours. This chair will not break your budget and still brings ultimate comfort. You can enjoy your working period by utilizing this chair.
It accompanies an engineered curved backrest with the most beautifully designed. The backrest is perfectly lined up with the human body line. The lines are divided into equal spaces that permit the air to circulate between these lines.
Its ergonomic backrest design is all that you needed the most for providing support to your spine’s natural curve. Its lumbar support system is just the human hands that push you up and hold your lower back.
The breathable mesh back keeps you fresh and energetic as it gives a comfy seating experience even during hot weather. Moreover, the five-star caster wheels enable rotation and rolling in all directions, which is convenient for multitasking.
- Material: The overall structure and upholstery of this chair are made out of several quality materials. It includes steel, iron, PP, nylon mesh, foam, nonwoven fabric, and composite boards.
- Claw base and multidirectional wheels: The sturdy base is equipped with five pieces of 360-degree swivel wheels. These caster wheels ensure fluent and quick movements while keeping up your quick pace of work.
- Pneumatic height adjustment: Under the seat of this chair, there is a lever that allows you to change the height from 13” to 16.7” with a little push-up and down lever.
- Sturdy armrests: Highlighting another important thing in this chair is the user-friendly armrests. Although the armrests are not equipped with pads, it has the ability to support your arms during hours of rest.
Great chair for office use, but it is not perfect for heavy people. Overall, it has multiple features to consider.
If you don’t know how to select the best chair for your office use, see this section where we are going to tell you how to pick the right chair. As every person have a different size, weight, and personal preferences, so it is important to determine your needs first before buying any chair.
Thus when you pick a chair and consider this chair is going to be the throne that determines the health of your lower back and shoulders, as well as protects you from long-term bodily harm, it is important to know what to buy.
Things to consider
Material: This is the thing that is responsible for the comfort of the chair to some extent. The chairs that are designed for office use are mostly constructed of mesh or leather material:
- Mesh: This material is the most preferable material that is used in chairs used in congested places. In offices where the air conditioner is not available, mesh back chairs are recommended for these offices. The mesh back provides the space to circulate the air and keep the user fresh and cool.
- Fabric or Leather: This material provides extra comfort, but it is not suitable for spaces that don’t have central air conditioning. These are expensive chairs so don’t buy such chairs under a low budget, because these chairs will not last for long.
The second feature to consider is how many adjustments features the chair under $50 is offering to you. Check if your chair is offering you
- Seat height adjustment that matches your height
- Tilt mechanism that let you know how far the chair back can tilt
- Adjustable armrests that are able to adjust according to the height of your arms
This feature is always worth considering because if your chair is durable but not comfortable, then it is just a waste of money. Before picking the right chair, check the comfortability features. Check the padding of the seat as it will help in reducing hips and thigh pain.
Check whether the chair is offering lumbar support or not, and if it is offering, then check whether the lumbar support is comfy or not. Armrests also fall into the category of comfortability. So always check these comfortability features before buying.
This feature entirely depends on the type of material used to build the chair. Better the material used in construction, the more it will last. So always check whether the base is heavy-duty or not because if it is a heavy-duty metal base, it will hold up more weight.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it is worth spending a little money on an office chair. Just because you’re sitting in front of a computer for hours doesn’t mean you need to compromise your health for comfort!
A good office chair will let you sit comfortably and offer support so that your back, neck, and postural muscles stay healthy.
Prices can vary from under $100 to well over $1000, so the best way to find the best chair is to do your research. However, brands like furmax mid-back desk office chair, bestoffice ergonomic office chair, and snugdesk breathable office chair provide best value for money at a price below $50.
An office chair offers more support and comfort than a gaming chair. While both are designed to let you sit for hours on end, they’re also made with different materials and features.
Office chairs have a high-density foam seat cushion, four-point safety harnesses with harness adjustment, wide armrests and seatback adjustments, and supportive mesh upholstery on the back to prevent sweat buildup.
Getting the best chair that will suit your size, weight, and posture is a challenging thing to do. That is why we have presented the 7 best office chairs under $50 that are best in providing comfort and reducing your fatigue.
The most budget-friendly chair with all the expected features is the NEO Office Chair. It offers great stability, comfort, and durability.